Iran news: Terror group Hamas NOT funded by Tehran says US intel – Middle East latest | World | News

Share With Your Friends
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn


Hamas, a Palestinian group listed by the European Union and the USA as a terrorist organisation, had to introduce “austerity plans” due to a lack of funding from the Iranian regime, Fox News reports. The US outlet states US State Department Officials contend the intelligence “reveals Tehran’s diminishing resources and influence in the region”. This supposed decline in the influence of Hassan Rouhani’s Government has reportedly prompted “cutbacks” among groups backed by the brutal regime, suggesting the Middle Eastern power’s waning influence in the region.

Due to lack of funding from Iran Hamas had to introduce “austerity plans”, Fox News reports, while other Shia militia groups were “told by Iran they need to find other sources of revenue as Iran is no longer in a position to provide them the funds”.

As the Iranian treasury struggles domestically, so does the country’s cyber command, according to the declassified intelligence seen by Fox News.

Furious Iranians, making use of cyber technology to disseminate their message, have been part of a popular uprising that erupted in Tehran in December 2017.

But Iran’s controversial Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) have previously been accused of using “cyber attacks” to suppress their people, according to an Iranian Resistance document seen by Express.co.uk.

The ominous paper claims the Iranian regime is among very few governments in the world where “its testbed of cyber attacks and strategies is its own citizens”.

However Iran repeatedly denies any allegations they conduct cyber attacks on their own people or abroad.

When Washington imposed sanctions on several Iranians in March 2018 for hacking on behalf of the Iranian government, Iran’s foreign ministry denounced the move as “provocative, illegitimate, and without any justifiable reason”.

The US intelligence revelations about the Iranian regime’s purported decline in regional influence come amid a tightening of economic sanctions introduced by the US in response to President Trump’s withdrawal from the historic Iran Nuclear Nuclear Deal – known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

READ MORE: Iran issued STARK WARNING by US over ‘planned attacks’

The accord was struck between the Islamic Republic of Iran and a group of world powers: the P5+1 (the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China – plus Germany) and the European Union.

The agreement was intended to thwart Iran’s nuclear energy programme, which the West maintained was a front to produce a nuclear bomb, in return for the lifting of crippling economic sanctions.

But Trump later withdrew from the deal calling it “decaying and rotten”.

In recent developments, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded to a Twitter ultimatum issued on Sunday by Trump, who warned: “If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.

In recent developments, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded to a Twitter ultimatum issued on Sunday by Trump, who warned: “If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran.

“Never threaten the United States again!”

According to the semiofficial Tasnim News Agency, firing back in a vicious tirade on Friday Zarif said: “Mr Trump, with his own comments, has shown that, firstly, he does not know history, and, secondly, he does not know the people of Iran.

“Thirdly, he is proving that claims by him and his colleagues about supporting the Iranian people are nothing but lies.

“A few days ago, he said, ‘Iran will end’; Iran will see his end, but he will never see the end of Iran.”




Source link

Share With Your Friends
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn