- Democrat says: ‘All we needed was a competent president’
- Hurricane Laura: at least four killed including 14-year-old girl
- Trump to visit hurricane-damaged zone this weekend
- Pence claims US would be unsafe under Biden in dark speech
- Kenosha police officer who shot Jacob Blake named
- 1,187 new coronavirus deaths and 44,877 new cases reported yesterday
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
After Vice President Mike Pence delivered a dark speech in which he warned people would “not be safe in Joe Biden’s America,” the Democratic nominee has now responded with a question: “Did Mike Pence forget Donald Trump is president?”
In a new statement, Biden reminded Pence that the violence and turmoil he described in his convention speech last night is unfolding with Trump as president.
Roads near the National Mall will be closed tonight, as the president accepts the Republican presidential nomination in a speech at the White House.
Roads in the immediate vicinity of the Washington Monument will close at 6:30 p.m. tonight to create a safety zone for the fireworks display sponsored by the Republican National Committee. All roads should be reopened by 2 a.m. on Fri., August 28. More at https://t.co/yNWX7Fy6K3 pic.twitter.com/a6q6BTt0tz