Zane Simon and Eddie Mercado are here to breakdown this event with hot takes, possible next fights, as well as reactions to the overall event.
This Friday’s, Oct, 18th., UFC on ESPN 6 event, from Boston, Mass featured a co-main between Featherweights Yair Rodriguez & Jeremy Stephens and a Main Event showcasing a top-ranked Middleweight bout between Dominick Reyes and Chris Weidman.
Here’s a look at the fight card RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
UFC on ESPN 6 MAIN CARD | FRI. OCT. 18 – 9PM/6PM ETPT
- 205 lbs – Dominick Reyes (12-0) DEF. Chris Weidman (14-5), KO/TKO-Left Cross to G & P at 1:43 of Rd 1
- 145 lbs – Yair Rodriguez (13-2) DEF. Jeremy Stephens (28-17), DEC-Unanimous
- 265 lbs – Greg Hardy (6-1) DEF. Ben Sosoli (7-3), DEC-Unanimous
- 155 lbs – Joe Lauzon (28-15) DEF. Jonathan Pearce (9-4), KO/TKO-G & P at 1:33 of Rd 1
- 125lbs – Maycee Barber (8-0) DEF. Gillian Robertson (7-4), KO/TKO-Punches at 3:04 of Rd 1
- 185 lbs – Darren Stewart (11-4) DEF. Deron Winn (6-1), DEC-Split
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens
PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT: ($50K ea.) Charles Rosa, Dominick Reyes
ESPN 2 PRELIMS | 6PM/3PM ETPT
- 145 lbs – Charles Rosa (12-3) DEF. Manny Bermudez (14-2), SUB-Armbar at 2:46 of Rd 1
- 125 lbs – Molly McCann (10-2) DEF. Diana Belbiţă (13-5), DEC-Unanimous
- 145 lbs – Sean Woodson (7-0) DEF. Kyle Bochniak (8-5), DEC-Unanimous
- 135 lbs – Randy Costa (5-1) DEF. Boston Salmon (6-3), KO/TKO-Punches at 2:15 of Rd 1
- 170 lbs – Sean Brady (11-0) DEF. Court McGee (19-9), DEC-Unanimous
- 185 lbs – Brendan Allen (13-3) DEF. Kevin Holland (16-5), SUB-Rear Naked Choke at 3:38 of Rd 2, 8:38 Total
- 265 lbs – Tanner Boser (17-5) DEF. Daniel Spitz (6-3), DEC-Unanimous
Be sure to follow Zane – @TheZaneSimon, Eddie – @TheEddieMercado, and follow @BloodyElbow & @MMAMania for all the latest in MMA happenings. SBN MMA is a mixed martial arts channel presented to you by SB Nation MMA websites: BloodyElbow & MMA Mania, Share & Subscribe to get the latest in MMA News, Video Features, Live Play-by-Plays of UFC events, Post-Fight Shows & More!
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes& Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.